Sunday, June 8, 2008

World Famous Camp Pendleton Mud Run

Yesterday Jeff ran in the Camp Pendleton Mud Run. It is a 10K (6.2 mile) race, it is a trail race with a lot of mud, obstacles, and a small swim all throughout the course. The kids and I love to tag a long to the races and cheer for our favorite runner! Yesterday's race was really fun as a spectator because we got to see him crawl through a giant mud pit at the end of the run. I will admit that it looked like a lot of fun!

Jeff had a great time. He ran it with a 5 person team, they all had to cross the finish line together. Some friends from the ward were running in it and had a slot open and invited him to join them. We're glad they did because it was a fun time for all and we will be making a family tradition of it from here on out. Brooke was really bummed to learn that she has to be 15 before she can run in it. I guess waiting 5 more years will make her crawl through the mud pit all the more sweet.

Jeff after the race with his raving fans! His t-shirt was white at the starting line, I wonder if this will come out in the wash?








Jeff is in the blue hat entering the famed mud pit













"Save Energy" team photo













The long awaited shaved ice. We spotted the shave ice truck before the race started, but it was still closed. I told the kids that after the race I would get them shaved ice. They usually want Jeff to race fast, but this gave them extra incentive to cheer loud so that they could hurry him up and get their icey reward!

4 comments:

maines said...

My favorite thing about this is Jeff's shirt tied in a little knot in the front. Long live the 80's! Looks like soooo much fun. I'm jelous. Some day I would LOVE to do that!

Jen said...

I know, the knot is way too funny. I said the same thing to him when he finished the run...nice 80's girl style. The shirt was too long and bugging him, so he says...I think he was just trying to be sexy! Run it next year, we'll make up a 5 person team. I just have to work out the kid watching element and I'm in too, the kids will NOT want to miss it!

Maggie said...

That looks like so much fun. I think they should have a kid's version of it. How funny would it be to cheer your kids on through a super muddy race. :-)

loubige said...

That looks like tons of fun. And those snow cones are like the cadillac of snow cones--they look very tasty! Every year I hear about the race I think WHY didn't I run it?! Shalaine we should do it together, that would be so fun!! Count me in Jen! Jon and Cort can watch the kids. (unless Cort wants to run it?)