Monday, June 16, 2008

Angel Game: Friday June 13, 2008


We attended an Angel game on Friday, they played the Atlanta Braves. It was "Mormon Night" so we got tickets through the ward. The seats were in the highest section of the stadium in the furthest out section in right field. I think Angel Stadium is onto something here by selling the tickets to unsuspecting Mormons and giving them the seats that never sell! I am surprised every Friday night is not Mormon night. We actually had a good time for the 3 innings we were there. We didn't arrive until the 6th inning because Buzzy had a bike accident of his ramp right before he was putting his bike in to leave for the game. The ill fated last jump of the night. He was showing me how he can jump off the ramp and instead showed me how he can faceplant right into the concrete. It was not pretty, blood everywhere. Basically all skin on his nose is gone and his two front teeth are a little wiggly (I was shocked that they weren't completely knocked out). We are hoping that once his gums heal that the teeth will tighten back up. The only thing that broke his fall was his face (no hands at all), so we feel really lucky that the injury was so minor. So that explains the bandaide on his nose in the pictures. I think we saw like two plays of the game between getting to our seats, getting food, and eating. Oh well, the Angels lost, but the fireworks were good.
You have to look closely to see the band aide, they camouflage very nicely.
The view from the top, and I forgot to mention that the foul ball pole blocked our view of the batter making our seats that much more entertaining.

4 comments:

loubige said...

Dang Jen, looks like fun AFTER getting there! I hope Blake's nose isn't too sore I bet it's pretty tender to the touch---poor guy. I guess it's better him then the girls since it's his baby teeth? (I'm trying to find something positive here for the pain he had to go through!!!) Those pictures are all so cute.
(2 more days and we're FREE from school! YEAH!!!!)

Stephanie said...

I guess that is what I have to look forward to with boys! Eric even assures me that if we don't build Max a ramp, he will build one himself. I better bone up my first aid kit!

Gretchen J said...

It's a good thing he didn't face plant on his way down the steep stairs! That would have been more than a Band-Aid!! My view picture looks just like yours, pole and all!! I would have loved to have stayed for the fireworks but since I forgot the bottle for the big guy it was homeward bound for us, plus I was getting tired of holding him while touring the concourse!

maines said...

Ouch! Poor Buz. Looks like you should stick with Paga's seats. Although I've sat out there before and it's kinda fun. At least no glove doctor or creepy guy that stares accross the aisle. (ok, that was mean, I know he probably has a mental handicap. It is still kinda off putting though)