Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Backtrack to Father's Day

In reviewing my past posts, I realize that I left out Father's Day. Since I don't want to bore my reader's (all two of you) with more pictures of us at the beach, where we have been everyday (except of course Sunday) and because this blog serves as my digital scrapbook, I will rewind to June, 15th, Father's Day.
The morning began with breakfast in bed (chocolate/chocolate chip pancakes from Trader Joe's) and the children singing "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home"
Kate made Jeff this at school, it says "A chip off the old block", cute idea and so true, they look so much alike!Brooke gave Jeff the gold that she panned for at Knott's Berry Farm (how many of us remember doing that?), the vial it came in broke, so a plastic baggie was used. Yes, that is Ronald Reagan on Jeff's shirt. It is Jeff's favorite t-shirt of late, it says "Save Trestles" (Jeff's favorite surf spot)on the back, he wears it so much that we feel like Ronnie is part of the family!

I gave Jeff portraits of the children. A friend of ours is an amazing photographer with a beautiful studio, and he took these. This is the ultimate "picture of a picture", they really are much more beautiful, but I thought I would share.

8 comments:

Dro said...

Sweet pictures. Kids look good.

Just curious though: How come Ronald Reagan wants to "Save Trestles?"

Mary said...

Hey Jen -

Don't worry about excessive beach pictures! I am living vicariously through you...And to respond to your earlier comment on my blog, OF COURSE I did the strike dance at the wilk..however, it had to be modified while holding an infant !!:)

Gretchen J said...

I want to meet this friend of yours that takes those pictures, they are beautiful!! I agree with Mary, please post about your beach outings, I am living vicariously through too!!

Hey look...that's 3 readers!!

Maggie said...

Those are absolutely beautiful pictures!!!! I can also always use more beach pictures....ooohh now you're up to four readers.

loubige said...

Make that 5.

loubige said...

P.S. I already told you but I LOVE the pictures, can't wait to see them in person.

Nana said...

I don't need to meet the photog friend as I have seen the kids and they look great no matter who is taking the shot. I hope you got extras?

Good Will said...

Fantastic black-and-whites of the three kids, Jen.