Friday, June 20, 2008

Back to the Beach Chair


Today we officially celebrated the beginning of summer. Buzz still had school yesterday, so today was the first day that all of the kids were off. Hmmmmm, what should we do? Call the cousins and have them meet us at the beach, sounded good to all of us. I got so excited while I was packing the car that I actually screamed in the garage, I was giddy, summer fever hit me then and there.
We went to Calafia State Beach in San Clemente, one of our favorites. We got there at 10:30 and left at 5:30. The kids had so much fun with their cousins and the water was warm for CA standards so they were in and out the whole day. Did anyone get bored? No. I did not hear "can we go home now? or I am bored"once. They would have stayed longer if I would let them and if Pedro's Tacos wasn't beaconing them to dinner.

Buzz and his cousin, Luke, checking out the sandcrabs in the bucket.

Brooke and her cousin, Corrie, taking a break on a boogie board and reminding me that the teenage years are not too far off.

Kate(right) with her cousin, Curran (left) about to take off.

Buzz and Luke throwing sand on a boogie board, they are both 4 years old and being able to throw big clumps of sand and not get told to "stop" is obviously very liberating and fun.

4 comments:

Maggie said...

As I sit here in my air conditioned house- because it is 105 degrees outside - I am very jealous of your beach trip. We are now about three hours away from the nearest beach so our pool will have to do for now. Mary, my mom and I and our families will all be in Huntington Beach next weekend...maybe we can hit the beach then...how far is that from you guys???

loubige said...

Ahh....great shots (they turned out so cute) and thank you for the reminder of how nice it was to get to the beach! Loved it! Let's hook up again real soon ya hear!!! :-)
P.S. can you send me those pictures?

Gretchen J said...

I want my kids to stay at the beach that long. Maybe if your kids play with my kids then we can chat and read magazines...I can see it now...me in a beach chair with no Emma and no Isaac by me...whoa, I like that!! How long until my kids will play by themselves?...too long!

maines said...

You seem to have forgotten to post the picture of you working the thigh master in your beach chair. Surely you didn't forget it on your first summer trip to the beach? Susan Sommers would be very dissapointed.