Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Off to Seattle!


On Tuesday, July 1st, we left for Seattle. The kids are so easy to travel with now, no strollers, car seats (because I cheat and don't take Buzzy's), so the "getting there" is actually kind of fun. We went to see my parents, family, and extended family. The kids were really excited, they've been looking forward to seeing Grandma & Grandpa and their cousins for a long time!
I am usually a really nervous flyer, but as I got on the plane, I said to myself, "Let it go!!! This plane is not going to crash and if it is what good has it done you all of these years to worry and cry mid-flight? None!"........so after this talk, I actually enjoyed myself. I watched for landmarks out the window. It was great to fly by Catalina and the Channel Islands and not be thinking that I was going to certainly land in a watery grave (which is normally what I would be thinking). I think that I am cured!!!! at least for now...............
Love it when this happens!
This is in the Seattle airport, it is a subway that takes you from terminal to terminal. I had a flashback moment when we boarded this to when I was 10 years old and we flew to Florida and I rode in this same subway and thought how fun it was. Random memory.

No comments: