Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sea Glass Hunt

This morning we woke up and went straight to the beach for a "Sea Glass Hunt". Last Friday, Kate was at a birthday party at T-Street and she started looking through the rocks for glass. Sure enough, there is plenty there for the taking if you are willing to look a little. I started out doing it to "be a good mom" but I have to tell you that it is very therapeutic to dig through the rocks and it brings out the pirate in me and the kids when we find one of the precious hidden treasures.
As coincidence would have it, on Sunday I commented to a friend how much I liked the bracelet she was wearing............guess what? It was made from sea glass and she knows a local artist who will turn our sea glass into jewelry! Anyway, it was exciting to me and don't be surprised if for your next birthday you get a sea glass trinket from us! Happy Hunting!

7 comments:

:) said...

Cute Jen! I love it! Sooo funny though- Georgia and I were hunting for Lake glass today ( same thing, but from our lake) We made picture frames out of it!

C:)

Gretchen J said...

How very "Martha" of you to make jewelry!! I bet if I took Isaac down there he could do all the digging for you and then we could just pull the sea glass out of his mouth!!

Unknown said...

Hi!
I stumbled upon your blog and wonder who the sea glass jeweler is? I'm from San Clemente too and wonder if we've ever bumped into each other looking for sea glass!
Monica
iSea designs

Maggie said...

What a cool thing to do with your kids. My kids would totally love looking for treasure like that...even better that you can have jewelery made from it.

loubige said...

Okay, so I went to the beach today with my brother and his kids and we started looking for sea glass b/c of you! Thanks for the fun idea. Next week we need to hook up--all my family will be done visiting. (I'll call you.)

Andrea said...

Jen!! My gosh, your kids are getting so big! I need to come see you.

loubige said...

UPDATE!!!!
(or are you waiting for our glorious reunion at the beach tomorrow to post about?!) :-)