Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Battle Rages On


Thursday night, about 15/20 people from our ward were "working our corner" (so to speak) waving our signs in support of Prop 8. We were having a good time. Most of the people were friendly, thumbs up, thumbs down, some of the angry citizens shot us the bird. Those of you who have waved signs have experienced this same atmosphere. I actually liked it, a lot. A crazy thing happened when three young men, stopped at a light and in a car directly in front of us, shot Welch's Strawberry Soda at us. My two friends pictured, Sam and Heidi, had white shirts on and you can clearly see the result of this silly act. We stood there in a stupor, shocked that someone would stoop to that behavior. We laughed it off, no retaliation. Strength in numbers. I guess you could say that we have officially been "baptized" warriors for prop 8.
This is how one ward member found his car after waving signs

5 comments:

loubige said...

Love the photo!

As for the soda all I have to say about that is--cowards.

My mom had a friend waving signs on PCH and Broadway (in Laguna Beach) on Saturday and she had a not so good experience with some lesbians. So sad.

Gretchen J said...

I think it's time to "ROCK THE VOTE"!!

:) said...

You go girl! Us East coast Mormons are so proud of our Bro and Sis in Cali. Wish I could have been there stompin' I love a good fight for the right! Looks like we are next up here with them trying to pass same sex marriage. I'll be sure to wear white so I can proudly show off my war wounds too. Craziness- love ya!

maines said...

Pretty soon there's going to be more tumbleweeds blowing through this blog than "Beach Bound Babes". We want posts!!!!

Stephanie said...

Props to Shalaine--where are the new posts? How about one detailing your plans to ride Toy Story as many times as possible to master the game? or at least a post on how you are so over posting:)