Saturday, October 25, 2008

Angel Nana

Children are the best. They have such simple, unquestionable faith. So many times this faith gives them greater knowledge to the spiritual than we jaded adults posses.
A few days after Jeff's mom passed away, I walked into the playroom. Kate had drawn the picture below on her wipe off board.
Yes, we can dispute the wings:), but why? Kate knows her Nana would have loved to wear wings. To this 7 year old child it makes complete sense that her Nana is standing on a cloud and watching over her. I am blessed and humbled to learn simple lessons from my children daily.

3 comments:

maines said...

This made me teary. So sweet and cute. I love to think of her like that as well. Except she is probably driving that cloud at mach speed with her spikey angel hair blowing in the wind!

loubige said...

Jen, I didn't even see this post I just read the Prop 8 post. What a great drawing and yes, I love the pure innocence and matter of fact faith that the kids have, I always need to remember that. I agree with ShaSha, Nana has a major streak cloud going that's for sure!

:) said...

Sweet Kate! That is seriously precious! It is amazing how much our kids end up teaching us. I would think that there would be some rhinestones and pink sequence on those wings as well!